- Our student, Mr. Aditya A. Dakh stood first at the Foundation Programme examination (June 2011) held by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India, a statutory body under the Act of Parliament.
Department of Chemistry- Biochemistry
- Our Chemistry-Biochemistry Dept. participated in ‘HEALTH FAIR’ at Somaiya College on 18th Aug, 2011. Following students of TYBSc (Biochemistry) & FYBSc (Biochemistry) brought laurels to our college by winning the following competitions:
TYBSc (Biochemistry) students:
||Ms.Ruchi Shah & Ms. Nidhi Singh
||Healthy Chhat Making
||Ms. Shikka Shah & Ms.Natasha Monteiro
||Ms.Tanvi Kabre & Ms. Fatima Nayani
||Ms.Prachi Raut & Ms. Gauri Wagh
||Ms. Laxmi Rane
||Ms. Nidhi Singh
FYBSc (Biochemistry) students:
||Ms.Akshata Patil & Ms. Shraddha Chavan
Department of Microbiology
- Ms. Hiral Patel presented a research paper on “Evaluation of Antifungal Activity of Aloe Vera using Non Cultural Techniques” at the UGC sponsored National Seminar on Fungal Biotechnology and also at the Research Meet held by the Department of Biotechnology and Microbiology in 2010. The paper was written in collaboration with Dr. D.V. Kamat.
- Ms.Resel Pereira presented a research paper on “Evaluation of efficiency of Saccharomyces Cerevisiae in fermenting Juices” at the UGC sponsored National Seminar on Fungal Biotechnology and also at the Research Meet held by Department of Biotechnology and Microbiology in 2010. The paper was written in collaboration with Dr. S .D. Kamat.
- Ms. Milan Nalawade presented a research paper on “Studies on Bioemulsification by Soil isolate” at the Research Meet held by Department of Biotechnology and Microbiology in 2010. The paper was written in collaboration with Dr. S. D. Kamat.
Department of Biotechnology
- Mr. Rajesh Vadgama - cleared the DBT-JRF (MONTH?2009).
- Pooja Gohil, M.Sc I, was awarded the first prize by UICT, Matunga, on World Food Day, September 2009, for obtaining the highest marks in the paper on ‘Food Nutrition and Quality Control’.
- Monali Kavadia, M.Sc I, was awarded the second prize by UICT, Matunga, on World Food Day, September 2009, for obtaining the second highest marks in the paper on ‘Food Nutrition and Quality Control’.
- Anchal Bhugra, M.Sc I, was awarded the third prize by UICT, Matunga, on World Food Day, September 2009, for obtaining the third highest marks in the paper on ‘Food Nutrition and Quality Control’.
- Ms.Inseyah Bagasrawala presented a paper on ‘Food Quality and Safety’ at the National Conference held at S.I.E.S, Nerul, on 5 January 2009.
- Ms.Inseyah Bagasrawala cleared the CSIR NET (2010)
- Ms. Dimple Chavan, Minal Singhee, Evelyn Fernandes, Harshita Pandya of T.Y.B.Sc won the II Prize for their research paper on ‘Enzyme assisted Extraction of Lycopene’ at the National Conference in Fungal Biotechnology at Mithibai College, held in January 2010.
- Ms Akanksha Nayak, Nidhi Jariwala, Janhvi Shah, Bhavi Modi of T.Y.B.Sc presented a research paper on ‘Isolation of pigment producers and their activity’ at the National Conference at South Gujarat University in 2010.
- Shrusti, Chandni and Priyanka presented a research paper (in absentia) on ‘Generic composition of pathogenic bacterial populations at Versova Beach in Mumbai,’ at the International Symposium on Marine Biotechnology, organized by Sahrdaya College of Engineering and Technology, Thrissur.
- Pankti Chedda, of S.Y.B.M.S. was crowned Fair One Miss Mumbai 2009.
- Pinky Bhalotia, a member of the NGO Yuva-Unstoppable, which works for the underprivileged children, is currently the City-Head of College Unstoppable, an initiative of Yuva-Unstoppable
- Swapnil Bhansali, Kunal Sarueria, Abhimanyu Dassani and Akshar Mehta won the ‘Mock Rock’ event for Lakshya, at Rutumbara College.
- Kunal Sarueria of S.Y.B.M.S. was felicitated for being the ‘Best Performer’ in an Inter- Collegiate Cricket Tournament.
- Sweta Tolasaria and Hinal Shah, both of S.Y.B.M.S., made a corporate film on Audi as a part of the Public Relations assignment. The film was appreciated by Mr. Munaf Meghani, CEO, Audi Mumbai West Zone on 27 March 2010, and was shown to the company’s sales team.
- Gaurav Ladiwala of F.Y.B.M.S. was the first-runner up at Mithibai, in ‘Fresh Face,’ a talent hunt conducted by Bombay Times and was selected as a finalist for the Mumbai Finals.
- Saloni Shah, Saloni Mehta, Disha Mehta, Jamilia Khokkar, Lakshmi Dilip Kumar and Sakina Bharagwal were awarded First Place for the event ‘Step Up’ conducted by St.Andrew’s College on 4 February 2010.
- Parvathi N.Venkitaraman won the II Prize in ‘Carnatic Classical Music’ at Malhar 2009.
- Twenty students from SYBMS conducted a market research for Max Mobile for their new product launch and were awarded a certificate by the company for their outstanding work.
- B.M.S. students were placed in prestigious companies like JP Morgan, Direct I, Edelweiss and A.C. Nielsen.
- Our teams participated in the following festivals:
In association with the Liberal Youth Forum’s Campus Pulse Project, a group discussion was held on 4 August 2009. The discussion was judged and moderated by Mr.Rakesh Agarwal, Managing Director of Frankfinn Institute of Airhostess Training. Students were judged by the IIM criteria. Bhoomika Dattani was awarded the Best Speaker Certificate.
- Tsunami – Lala Lajpat Rai ( 2nd Runner up in fashion show)
- Insync – St. Xavier’s ( 2nd Runner up)
- Lakshya – Rutumbara College ( Best Participating College, Maximum Events Won and 1st Runner Up)