Admission to F.Y.B.A / B.Sc./ B.Com. /B.M.S. classes will be conducted as per the guidelines and schedule announced by the University of Mumbai. The schedule of admission will be displayed on the Notice Board as it is received from the University.
All admissions are provisional subject to the approval of the University of Mumbai .
- At the time of admission in F.Y.B.A., F.Y.B.COM., F.Y.B.Sc. or F.Y.B.M.S. class, students are required to fill in the University enrolment form, without which the admission will not be approved by the University of Mumbai. If they fail to fill in the enrolment form they will not be allowed to appear for the examination and their names will be struck off from the College Register.
- No student will be deemed as admitted to the college unless he/she has filled in a fresh admission form and has paid the necessary fees & deposits and obtains approval from the University.
- A student of this college who has qualified himself / herself for admission to a higher class will be admitted to such a class only if an application in the prescribed form, duly completed, has been received by the college office with the necessary fees on the dates, which are stipulated by the college at the time of results.
- Students coming from other Colleges affiliated to the University of Mumbai and selected for admission must apply for the Transfer Certificate in a prescribed form available in the college office. However, it is the responsibility of the student to obtain the Transfer Certificate and No Objection Certificate from his/her previous College and submit it to the head-clerk in the college office on time. If the Transfer Certificate is not submitted on time, examination form will not be sent to the University.
- Applicants from other than Maharashtra State Higher Secondary Board / University of Mumbai must support their statements of the last examination passed by attaching the certificates of passing and must also attach a xerox copy of fee receipt of the provisional eligibility certificate at the time of admission. Students should submit the other necessary documents within one week of the commencement of the term in the college office for confirmation of eligibility certificate.
- A student once admitted in the first term will be considered as duly enrolled for the second term also unless he/she informs in writing his/her intention to leave the college before the commencement of the second term.
- Repeaters of the college shall not be admitted as regular students. They will be permitted to appear as ex-students during the annual examinations.
- Once a student passes from one faculty, he/she shall not be admitted to the other faculty.
Go to Top
The college attaches great importance to discipline and the same must be scrupulously observed by all students. Failure to comply with any of the rules, regulations or requirements notified from time to time will lead to strict disciplinary action.
- Students must always keep with them the Identity Card issued by the college with their recent photograph affixed, bearing the signature of the Principal. They must present it for inspection or verification whenever demanded by the college Authorities and / or Security Staff. No student shall be allowed to attend lectures, Practicals etc. unless he/she has his/her Identity Card with him/her.
- Students must not attend lectures other than their own without the special permission of the Professor concerned.
- Students should make use of the college library and must not loiter in the college premises whenever they have a free period.
- Students must be in their classes in time. Late comers may not be allowed to enter the classes.
- Students must do nothing either inside or outside the college that will in any way interfere with its orderly administration and discipline. They should not communicate any information or write anything about the college to the press without the written permission of the Principal.
- Students are liable to lose their term for disobedience, misconduct, misbehaviour or for any act of indiscipline. Students must take proper care of all the college properties. Any damage done to the property of the college by disfiguring walls, doors, windows and fitting or breaking furniture and such other things is breach of discipline and will be punishable as such. Smoking, Tobacco-Chewing, use of Drugs etc. are strictly prohibited in the college premises.
- Use of Mobile Phones, Pagers, Walkman etc; in the college premises is strictly prohibited.
- No association or organization shall be formed, no meeting shall be held, no person will be invited to address the students in the college without the prior written permission of the Principal.
- No picnics, socials, excursion or tours shall be arranged without the prior written permission of the Principal. If students join an unofficial picnic or tour, the college shall not be responsible for anything that happens in the picnic or tour.
- No student shall collect money as contribution to picnic, trip, educational visit, get-together, study notes, charity or any other activity without the prior written sanction of the Principal.
- In the college debates and other meetings, chair must be taken by a responsible person approved by the Principal and the subject of debates or lectures must have the prior approval of the Principal.
- Students joining the college shall observe all the Rules and Regulations of the college laid down from time to time.
- Matters not covered by the existing rules will be at the discretion of the Principal.
Go to Top
- All students are responsible to the Principal, the Vice Principals and members of the staff for their conduct in College premises.
- Insubordination, abusive language, misbehaviour or misconduct can lead to the dismissal of a student.
- Demonstration of any kind in the college is strictly prohibited.
- In case of sickness, a leave application shall be submitted to the college office along with a medical certificate within two days of resuming the college. Fitness certificate at the time of resuming the college is essential.
- All the receipts on account of the fines imposed on students for any cause whatsoever shall accrue to the Students’ Aid Fund of the College.
- All students applying for bonafide certificates, character certificates, birth date certificate, testimonials etc. and requiring the Principal or Vice Principal’s signature on any kind of document or application should first contact the Head Clerk in the College Office. No papers should be taken by the students directly to the Principal or the Vice-Principals.
Go to Top
Rules & Regulations For Attendance
- Students are advised to attend the lectures, practicals and tutorials regularly.
- Employed students are advised to seek admission through Institute of Distance Education, University of Mumbai since they cannot fulfil the obligations of attending all lectures, practicals and tutorials as prescribed by the University. If any student takes up employment after getting admission, the college authorities will not be responsible for inadequate attendance and consequences arising there from.
- Ordinance 0.119: The following shall be the minimum attendance for keeping terms. For granting the terms in each subject minimum attendance of 75% of the theory lectures, practicals & tutorials (wherever prescribed) separately will be required out of the total number of lectures, practicals and tutorials in the subject conducted in the terms.
Granting Of Terms
- Ordinance 0.125: To keep a term at a college or recognized Institution, an undergraduate must complete, to the satisfaction of the Principal or the Head of the Institution, the course of study at the college or Institution prescribed for such terms for the class to which such undergraduate then belongs.
Although illness or other serious circumstances may be considered valid for the absence from lectures, tests, tutorials, the circumstances cannot condone a student for poor performance or absence from examination. Accordingly, students with poor records of academic performance will not be granted terms.
Students who have not been granted term will not be permitted to appear at the First term / Second term / Annual Examination conducted by the College or by the University.
7th June 2010
to 30th October 2010
22nd November 2010
to 30th April 2011
Go to Top
Full fees must be paid along with the necessary deposits as mentioned, at the time of admission to the college in the first term. Students who fail to pay their fees by due date in the College Office are liable for disciplinary action including the removal of his/her name from the college register.
No student will be permitted ordinarily, to apply for any of the University Examinations if he/she has not paid the college fees for the year. Post graduate students will have to pay Registration Fees to the University.
- Scholarship / Freeship is given to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Denotified Tribe / Nomadic Tribe / Other Backward Class as per Government rule from time to time.
- N.B. : A research student is required to pay tuition fees from the date of his/her enrolment as a post graduate students till the date of his/her submission of the thesis.
- Students of the other college affiliated to the University of Mumbai will have to pay the Transfer fee through this college at the time of admission.
- Once admission is granted by the college and if the student does not accept it for any reason, he/she will not be entitled to refund of the fees already paid by him/her EXCEPT AS PROVIDED BY THE FOLLOWING UNIVERSITY RULES
Refund of Fees as per the Rules of University of Mumbai
(Vide Circular No.UG /412 of 2008 )
The percentage of fee for the course shall be refunded to the candidate after deducting chares as follows:
Table – 1 : Fee Deduction on cancellation of admission
|Period and Percentage of deduction Charges
||Prior to commencement of academic term and instruction of the course.
||Upto 20 Days After the commencement of academic term of the course.
||From 21 st Day upto 50 Days After the commencement of academic term of the course.
||From 51 st Day upto 80 Days After the commencement of academic term of the course.
||From September 1st upto September 30th
||After September 30th
||Rs. 500/- Lump Sum
||20% of the total Amount of fees
||30% of the total Amount of fees
||50% of the total Amount of fees
||80% of the total Amount of fees
||100% of the total Amount of fees
NOTE : The total amount considered for the refund of fees from the commencement of academic term of the courses includes the following :-
Caution Money is refunded twice in the academic year during:
- 15th – 31st August
- 15th – 31st December.
Go to Top