Teaching and Learning Process
The staff members and students maintain a friendly and helpful approach towards differently-abled students. The College provides the following facilities to differently-abled students:
Lectures, Industrial Visits, Group discussions, Case study method and Management techniques are used at Mithi bai College to make the students learn their subjects more efficiently.
Our faculty use interactive learning methods. We also discuss the various concepts through group discussions and debates. This helps them to improve their communication skills.
Case study methods are also used extensively so that our students learn from real life simulations thus sharpening their analytical skills.
Faculty also uses tools such as Over Head projector and LCD/DLP projector for presenting certain important concepts. Transparencies of the important points of a topic are prepared and the same are explain in detailed. The Projector are available with the college on request by the faculties. We also make use of TV set & VCR or DVD player to show the video cassettes or DVDS of research work….etc done in other universities and Industries. TV with DVD Player in the class room improves the productivity of the Professors as well as the students’ gets motivated & lecture also becomes more interesting.
- Writers are provided to visually-challenged students during the exams.
- Convenient room and extra time is provided to them during the examinations, as per the University of Mumbai norms.
- Audio cassettes of lectures and study material are also made available.
- The Library has reading material in Braille for visually-challenged students. Currently, there are 13 books and 3 journals in Braille available in the Library.
- Special low-level benches have been provided in the Library for the use of physically-challenged students.
- Special facilities have been provided in toilets for such students.